20 Silly Things Knackered Parents Do!
There are many reasons why sleep is so important to our health and wellbeing – one of them is that without it, we turn into woolly-headed misfits!
When you’ve been up all night tucking your child back into bed – for the 100th night running – even the brightest sparks will feel a little dulled, which can lead to some very silly and rather amusing mistakes!
Here are 20 of my favourites, some of which I’ve done myself and some I’ve heard about from other sleep-deprived mums and dads. I’m confessing to nothing! How many of these have you done while in a state of waking sleepiness? I’d love to hear your stories.
- Trying to use the car key to open the front door
- Putting inappropriate items into the fridge – anyone for chilled shoe polish?
- Attempting to attach the dog lead to a child’s collar instead of the dog
- Panicking at the sudden realisation the kids aren’t in the car – only to remember they’re at Grandma’s house
- Washing the kids in the morning, then putting them back into their pyjamas instead of school uniforms
- Dreaming that you’ve got up and fed the baby already, only to be woken by the baby crying to be fed
- Squeezing soap onto the toothbrush instead of toothpaste
- Forgetting to cover up after breastfeeding and opening the door to the postman
- Putting toys into your handbag instead of important things like wallets and phones
- Trying to get into the car’s driving seat with the baby still attached to you in their carrier
- Mistaking a shirt for a pair of shorts and struggling to put it on
- Getting into the shower while still fully dressed
- Mistaking your partner for your baby and trying to pick them up to calm them
- Referring to yourself as ‘Mummy’ or ‘Daddy’ in front of colleagues
- Wearing two sets of underwear all day without realising
- Wondering where on earth the baby is, when they’re still breastfeeding
- Falling asleep in the middle of a conversation
- Putting nappies on back to front
- Going to work with makeup or hair styling only half-finished
- Stepping into a meeting and realising you’ve got odd shoes on
If you’re suffering from your children’s sleepless nights, head to www.tucknsnug.co.uk to find out about our innovative new stay-on bedding. It’s the most sensible thing you’ll do all day!